WHO WE ARE
St Giles Tank Stream is a 280 room 4-star hotel located in the heart of Sydney Business District, close to the main tourist attractions, shopping and entertainment precincts within Sydney. Our hotel caters for business and leisure travellers, both domestic and international.
As part of the growing family of hotels within the St Giles Group, we can act quickly and make decisions for the benefit of the business and the welfare of our team. In addition, we don't have the paperwork and approval process layers that larger international chain hotels require.
We believe that effective communication from the ground up is the key to our success and let's face it - who knows the most about our customers? What they enjoy or what they would like to change - you! We encourage our team to have an open style of communication with our guests and enable "Human Connection" and be less task or procedure-driven in our interactions with our guests.
We believe that loyalty and performance is a two-way street. We can't expect you to perform at your best or stay loyal to us if we, as an organisation, don't do the same for you.
Below you will find the current positions that we have vacant. Should you have the necessary skills and/or experience, we encourage you to contact us for a confidential discussion.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (FRONT OFFICE)
We are seeking a highly committed and motivated individual to join the team as an Assistant Manager - Front Office. You will play an integral role in the team, assisting our Operations Manager and Assistant Front Office Manager in coordinating the overall activities of the hotel to achieve a balance between efficiencies and productivity whilst ensuring a harmonious work environment for the team and the stay experience our guests expect and deserve.
What We Are Looking For
- A current Assistant Manager, Team Leader or Reception Supervisor within a busy hotel environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written at all levels
- Able to work closely and coordinate with other departments such as Maintenance, Housekeeping, Kitchen and F&B Service
- Be able to create a positive work environment for the team around you
- Make good decisions based on what you know or the facts on hand
- Someone that knows when to bend the rules...(Does not Include breaking the law)
- Someone who asks for help when they need it and helps others when they can give it
- Someone who shares our enthusiasm to be the best version of ourselves
***Must have the appropriate VISA to work in Australia - Sponsorship is not an option***
What We Are Offering
- A competitive salary
- Discounts on F&B at our in-house restaurant
- Hotel stay discount at all St Giles Hotels
- In-house training and, where possible, training within other departments - but that also depends on your hunger for knowledge