Stay Safe, Stay St Giles
Our Stay Safe, Stay St Giles Programme is an evolution of our commitment here at St Giles Hotels to prioritize and protect the health, safety, and well-being of our staff, guests, partners, and community.
Recognizing that this challenging time calls for further safeguards, we conducted a thorough review of our existing protocols, and procedures, to comply with Government directives and recommendations from Health Organisations. With the development of our Stay Safe, Stay St Giles programme, you, our St Giles Family, can be confident of an elevated level of safety in your St Giles Experience.
- Flexible Rates – Book direct with confidence, our hotels offer flexible rates that include free cancellations, with some offering complimentary late check out. Policies vary by hotel and are subject to availability
- Contactless Check-in – Online check-in service is available at some of our properties (up to 24 hours before arrival) for guests booking direct. For guests booking via 3rd parties and where online check-in is not available, measures, including physical distancing, are in place to minimize contact for a safe check-in and check out process
Welcome Back – On arrival you will be greeted with our warm and friendly welcome and new changes to ensure your safe stay.
- Temperature checks upon arrival. For in-house guests showing a temperature of 37.8 °C (100.4 °F) or higher, our hotels will follow local Government guidelines
- All guests visiting our hotels in the U.K. are required to wear Face masks in all public areas of the hotels, including restaurants, with the exception when seated and eating at tables
- Hand Sanitizing stations are provided in public areas
- Limited bellhop and door services will be available at some of our hotels with door personnel wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Luggage sanitisation is available at some of our hotels in Malaysia
- Protective screens are in place at some of our hotels in the front office, reception, guest service and concierge desks
- Contactless payment options, check-in, check out and concierge requests are carried out where possible
- Increased cleaning and enhanced sanitisation in public areas with extra attention to high touch surfaces
- Physical distancing measures have been implemented to adhere to local Government guidelines
Rest Well – We’ve enhanced our cleaning and sanitising procedures, while adding extra measures for your wellbeing and a safe-stay experience.
- Deep cleaning of room and bathroom with enhanced disinfection and extra cleaning of high touch surfaces and items. UV-C Light Spectrum steriliser is used to clean bedrooms between guests in our hotels in Malaysia
- Choose Your Housekeeping Service. We understand that during this time you may prefer minimal interaction and are offering the follow service options
- Daily Refresh Service
- Do Not Enter – No Service Required – No staff will enter your room during your stay. Room will be deep cleaned upon your departure to welcome the next guest
- Full Service
- Bed linens and towels are washed at high temperature (70°C minimum) to kill any potential germs, virus and bacteria
- Guest rooms are sealed, only to be opened by you, after a thorough cleaning and inspection between stays, to ensure enhanced cleaning standards are met and for your peace of mind
- Portable Tea and Coffee making facilities have been removed from the guest rooms at some of our hotels, and are available on request
- We have reduced in room collateral and have made some services on request through our reception/front office
- Minibar Service has been reduced at our hotels in Sydney and Malaysia. Service is no longer offered at our hotel in New York City
- Complimentary hand sanitizing gel and hygiene kits are available in guest rooms or at the front desk at some of our hotels
Delicious dining with some distancing.
- Physical distancing between tables and capacity reduction to ensure healthy spacing
- All patrons dining at our restaurants in the U.K. are required to wear Face masks with the exception when seated and eating at the tables
- Breakfast buffet service has been modified, where possible. Grab & Go, plated and pre-order options have been made available where possible
- Where in room dining service is available, contactless delivery and environmentally friendly single use food packaging will be implemented, where possible
- Food & Beverage team members will wear gloves and masks in kitchens. Servers will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Upgraded team training on enhanced Food & Beverage hygiene and cleaning procedures has been undertaken
- Comprehensive hygiene and safety training to ensure consistent adherence across all positions. Training is continuously reviewed and enhanced to meet evolving guidelines
- Ongoing temperature and symptoms monitoring of our team
- As our hotels reopen, COVID-19 symptoms tests are administered at some of our hotels before our team return to work
- Work spaces and team shared spaces have been reconfigured, where possible, to meet physical distancing guidelines. More flexibility has been given to back of house staff to work remotely and shifts are staggered where possible to reduce face-to-face interactions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is supplied to team members relevant to their roles and responsibilities, to wear at all times
- Hand sanitiser stations are placed throughout staff areas
- Enhanced cleaning with increased frequency of staff areas, high touch equipment, and shared tools