The Hotels with Heart foundation was born out of a desire to breathe a deeper soul and meaning into the St Giles Hotels team. With hotels in major cities around the world, we impact the societies and communities around us everyday, through the interactions that we have with our neighbors, our guests, our staff and from using the resources of the cities where we are located.
The Hotels with Heart initiative lies at the core of the St Giles culture and values which poses the question – What can we do to positively impact the vulnerable in our community; to be more involved in our local communities; to impact causes that matter to our team and our guests – who are our extended family; to give the individual hotels a soul, a face, a heart; to give opportunities to those who have a passion for hospitality, to teach them, to foster the hoteliers of the future; and to also build a stronger internal hotel team.
There are many ways in which Hotels with Heart can manifest itself – through community service, event participation, fund-raising, auctions – all through actions as an individual or as a group.
*** CURRENT FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES***
- ABSEIL FOR CHARITY
- Hotels with Heart 2nd Annual Abseil for Charity event takes place on 28 October, 2018, in aid of Centrepoint. Support our abseilers and Centrepoint with a donation. Click to Donate.
- Want to Abseil down the 164 feet of St Giles London hotel building, in the heart of Central London? Here’s How:
- ONLINE AUCTION IN PARTNERSHIP WITH BLOOMSBURY FESTIVAL
- Bid to own “Two Becomes One” – A unique piece by London renowned Street Artist, Pegasus, celebrating the Duke & Duchess of Sussex. This online auction is part of St Giles Hotels partnership with the 2018 Bloomsbury Festival. This new piece, click to view, features the couple against the backdrop of a dripping heart and ties in with the theme of the four unique pieces by Pegasus that are featured in the Lobby of St Giles London hotel in Bloomsbury, WC1B 3GH
How Hotels with Heart Have Impacted Our Communities
- In December 2017, staff and guests of St Giles London hotel abseiled down 164 feet of the hotel’s building – itself one of London’s most famous Brutalist architectural landmark – raising over £3,000
- On 30th April 2016, a team from St Giles London tackled the Tough Mudder Challenge (10 miles and 21 obstacles), to raise funds for the YMCA and Cancer Research. A total of £6500 was raised for these great causes
- Each year, a team from the St Giles New York hotels take part in the American Heart Association Wall Street Run/Walk
- Almost $20,000 raised in 2014 from one of our team members running both the NYC half marathon and full marathon enabled the YMCA to start its after-school program for vulnerable children and troubled mothers
Centrepoint – Official Charity Partner of Hotels with Heart
In the summer of 2018, Hotels with Heart selected Centrepoint as its official charity partner to continue to do what we can to make a positive impact on the lives of homeless and vulnerable youth in our communities. Centrepoint is the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity, committed to giving homeless young people a future.
This is only the beginning, there will be many more activities and fundraising events as our foundation grows. Let’s make a positive difference to one person’s life. #HotelswithHeart